Sunday, September 23, 2007

Cousin BBQ

We spent the afternoon Saturday at one of my cousin's for a BBQ. Most of my cousins are married to polynesians so all of their kids are dark (especially compared to my kids). We don't get together as often as we should but we see them at least a couple times a year. Well, as we are standing there visiting Noah walks up and asks me "Mom, why are all your cousins Mexican?" I have not laughed so hard in such a long time! I explained to him that they were polynesian and that they were married to my cousins. Then Mike told him that his cousins were Mexican and he looked very confused. We had to remind him that Uncle Mike is Mexican and so all his girls are too. Next time I will have to remember to get some pictures of all the kids together so you can see how "mixed" we are.

3 comments:

kelly said...

Kelly was here

Rachel said...

your family confuses me too... Yes you should take more pictures :)

Grammy said...

Kids are so color blind. I rememer when Katie started kindergarten, she thought all the black kids in her class were mexicans and that the mexican kids were white, like her. Too bad we can't stay color blind, huh?