Sunday, September 23, 2007

Skateboarding

Most of you know Mike has been skateboarding since he was 10. It is his one true love (besides me of course) and something he not only enjoys, but something he excels at. When we were dating I use to go and watch him for hours. A lot of people thought I was crazy; they would ask me if it was boring to always go with him and just sit there while he skated, but I loved it! I loved watching him do something he enjoyed and was so good at (and he usually had his shirt off, which was a bonus, Mike is all muscle and has a great 6 pack). Anyway, as time has gone on and our lives have changed so has his skateboarding. The last few months he has only been a handful of times and the last few years I have not really been able to go and just watch like I use to. So Friday night they had a big event at the South Jordan Skatepark with locals and some pros (who were in town for the Dew Tour). I found a babysitter (no easy task this particular time) and was so excited to go just watch him do his thing. There were a ton of people there and Mike was pretty amped up. He took a few runs and then when they started the "competition" he kind of stayed back. I kept bugging him to go, I was so excited to see him skate! He said it was just too crazy and crowded so he waited until most people had gone and took some runs then. He had a great time just watching the pros! I realized that not only does he need to go skate more often, but I need to go with him more often as well.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Ilove how you love and support Mike in his skating. It is an incredibly exciting thing and he should keep it up. Get a sitter more often and spend time with just the two of you. I know it's hard with 4 little ones, but it is worth that time with your special guy!