Monday, October 22, 2007

San Diego Fires

I got a call from my mom just before 8 this morning about the fires in San Diego. I didn't even know there were fires and my mom said my Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles had all been evacuated. I talked with her later in the day and she said they were all ok but that the fires were bad. I got online and have been watching NBC San Diego news since then. I can't seem to turn it off. I keep trying to imagine what people there are going through. It is weird to see names of cities and streets and such that I recognize and it is almost surreal. I am sooooo grateful that my family is all ok, but keep praying that they will have homes to go home to. My grandparents have lived in their home for over 40 years, my grandpa built the home. I wonder what they took with them. I can't help but think that their whole life is in that house, all the memories they have from living there. I have so many memories from being there throughout my life and it is sad to think of that all gone. I know it is jsut a building, just a house, but to me it is one place I consider "home". It really makes you ponder.....

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Shawn's brother lives there also, and they have been evacuated. I just can't believe it! I hope all continues to be well with your family!

Anonymous said...

I hope they are ok. We all have been thinking about them. What a scary situation. I hope Krista is safe and sound too.

Unknown said...

So scary. Keep us updated. They're in our prayers.