Sunday, October 21, 2007

Some Heroes Come Home

The water cannons spraying the plane!
We missed you Adam, THANK YOU!!!
Here he is greeting neices, nephews, and siblings.
We got to go on the plane, with our own "tour guide", Adam. The kids loved it!

On Friday afternoon we were lucky enough to go to the Utah Air National Guard Base and witness the arrival of my cousin, Adam, and his unit home from Irag. I checked the kids out of school because I thought it would be a great way to teach them a little about the sacrifices our soldiers are making for us each day. It was an amazing site: all the families (wives, husbands, kids, parents), friends, other service men and women, all waiting with excitement to see their loved ones. These men and women have been gone since Sept 11, 2006 and I don't know how the families do it. They sacrifice so much for me, for you, for each of us. Many of them miss births of their children, or neices and nephews; they miss all the everyday events(that we take for granted) in their families lives. Their families here at home miss them everyday and I have no idea how they do it, especially the moms. How do they stay strong for their children and take care of everything everyday alone........
These soldiers are heroes and I think their family members here at home are heroes too! Thanks Adam for serving our country, for helping to assure our freedoms, for sacficing for us, for being our hero! Thanks to Katie (his cute wife) for sacficing for us as well, you are an inspiration!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know Adam but I say Amen to everything you said in your post Carly! They are all heroes in my book too and I sincerely send my thanks to Adam and his family as well and all the others who have, will, and are serving.

Unknown said...

What an amazing experience for your family. I love America so much and can never really express in words my gratitude to the soldiers who serve.