Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Update on the Fires

Just to let everyone know all of our family in San Diego is fine. They were all very lucky, not only are they physically ok, they all have homes to go home to. My grandparents were able to return home along with my Uncle Donny and Aunt Becky and my cousin Michael and his family. My Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Nancy are still not able to return to their home in Ramona but were told it is still there so they will stay with G&G until they can return home. My grandparents said it looks like it has snowed because of all the ash. They also said there house is very dirty and black from all the smoke and wind. I am so grateful they are all ok and that their homes are still standing. I think cleaning everything is better than having to rebuild everything. They are all very blessed unlike many others in the area who have no homes left. The fires are still raging and others are being evacuated and there will be a lot of rebuilding to do. If you want to see good coverage check out www.nbcsandiego.com they are having continuous coverage. They have tons of incredible pictures of the fire and the damage. WOW!
I have been thinking about what I would take with me and thinking I need to get a box or two together of the irreplacable items and important papers and such that would be easy to grab in a moments notice. I also need to add a few items to our 72 hour backpacks.

1 comment:

Amy said...

you're not the only one with that thought. i've already started making a list of the stuff i need to grab if something were to happen - plus my 72 hour kits (thank heavens we have those from that activity a couple years ago). it's so scary! but i'm so glad your family is okay and especially their homes. i can't imagine what it would be like to lose your home and all you've accumulated your whole life. what a nightmare!