Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I must be feeling a little down...

I must be feeling a little down today because I pampered myself and baked.

I love to bake and have not found or made the time much recently. It was so hot today I didn't really want to turn on the oven but I really felt the need to bake. The cookies are way yummy, so now I just have to keep myself from eating too many (another thing I tend to do when feeling down).

Sorry this is such an awful pic. I also pampered myself a little today which I haven't done in awhile. My friend Rachel had actually called last week to see about getting pedicures and we were originally planning on going yesterday. We ended up waiting until today and I am so glad we did because I really needed it today (funny how things work out that way, hmmmmm). It was nice to get pampered and visit with a good friend. Thanks Rachel.


One great thing that happened today...my aunt Karen B called from Virginia and we talked for over an hour. I love chatting with her and rarely do. An unexpected phone call, an unexpected treat!

2 comments:

Amy said...

hope everything's alright Carly. your nails look really nice though and the cookies look good. every now and then we all need a pampering day. i did the pedicure thing last week too. it was awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hope your ok. There is nothing better than baking and pedi's.