Monday, June 09, 2008

My Funny Kids!

Today my kids all made me smile and laugh because of something they said.
First, I had to work most the day and when I got home Ry was on the computer (checking out the JoBros on youtube). It's usually like pulling teeth to get her off but when I said Hi she came running over and hugged me. She said I needed a mom hug! Thanks Ry.
A little later the boys were discussing their finances. This has been a recent and somewhat constant topic of discussion with them lately. They are trying to save money to buy some Legos they want. They have been selling their hot wheels and doing odd jobs for Mike's mom to earn money. They were asking about tithing and tax and trying to figure out how much more they needed to save. They asked me how much I will make in a day when I am a nurse. They said will you make about $25 a day? I laughed and said most nurses make more than that each hour. They looked at each other wide eyed and commented almost simultaneously (that twin vibe going) "wow, we are going to be rich!" I wish.
Then tonight Jenna was helping me with my homework. I needed a preschool age child to do some of Piaget's tasks with and she just so happens to be a preschool age child so it was perfect. It also gave us some playtime together. So I was having her compare different objects and about half way through she said "I am smart. I am as smart as a cookie!" She was so proud of her self and I couldn't stop smiling.
Thanks guys for making my day today. I love you!!!

No comments: