Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sad

It is 11:27 a.m. and I am sitting in the Las Vegas airport all by myself crying. Not because I missed my flight or because I am scared or lonely but because I am sad. I was sitting here on a lay over when it hit me that the last time I was in this airport (also on a lay over) was October 17, 2005. I was with my little brother Devin and Jenna sitting on the floor eating lunch heading back to Salt Lake from San Diego when my phone rang. It was my dad calling to tell us that my brother Brandon had just passed away. Devin & I just sat there and cried. We had said our final goodbyes to B only hours before. I miss B, I think of him often and usually at weird moments. Something will happen and I think "Oh, I gotta call B and tell him" and then I remember that I can't. I have been thinking about him a lot recently. Remembering the trip to Laramie for his law school graduation. And the trip to Denver when his sweet daughter, Kaienta was born. And many years back when he was trying to teach me to drive a stick. And the last time I was with him and he was barely conscious but he he made a little gesture and I knew he knew I was there. I love you and miss you B!

5 comments:

kelly said...

((hugs))

Amy said...

i'm glad you have such good memories to think back on. i can't imagine how that must have been for you.

Anonymous said...

We miss him so much too. There are so many times that we just get so sad and overwhelmed, we can only imagine what you all feel to be without him. I am just so glad we can all share our grief and happiness together.

Unknown said...

I remember that all so much like it was yesterday. He is so lucky to have you for a sister. He knows you miss him and loves you too.

Rachel said...

Its a good thing to keep those memories with you, that is what makes us family remembering all the moments, the good and the bad. You miss him because you love him.