Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fishing, Swimming, & Relaxing

Last week we took the boat out again this time in nice hot temps. We were about 20 minutes from home when one of the tires on the trailer blew out. Luckily (actually not luck, we were being watched over) the trailer didn't fish tail or anything like that. We were able to pull right over and then drove 1/2 mile to the next exit where there happened to be a car care center. We got it all taken care of and were off again. There were only a handful of other boats which was nice. We found a little alcove and put the anchor in. We fished (with no luck) and swam and just hung out. It was great!


Here's Mike showing off and doing a backflip into the water.


Here's Jenna who kept wanting to get in, but only if mom got in with her. So I jumped in and she still wouldn't get in. I decided she just needed to get in and then would be fine so I threw her in. She got right out and was a little upset with me. Mike says I traumatized her.


Here's Ry & Cole swimming in the nice cool water. It was cold but not as cold as I thought it would be and since it was so hot outside it felt pretty good.


Here's Noah just fishing. We saw lots of fish jumping but none of had any luck catching anything.

3 comments:

Amy said...

what a great family activity! everyone (except Jenna of course) looks like they're having a blast! I'm glad you guys had the opportunity to get this boat!

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I loved watching Rylee's floor routine. She did a great job! I did gymnastics until I was about 14, so it brought back a lot of memories watching her.

Rachel said...

It looks like Mike will enjoy the boat the very most. Seriously good family fun!