Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Look What I Did Today...

Got some Veet (same as Nair)...

Spread it on the legs...

And watched my "baby" get smooth, hairless legs!


Ry asked me a few weeks ago about shaving her legs. Mike has made comments as well since she does have pretty hairy legs. I didn't really want her to start shaving yet, it is shuch a pain and I was a little worried about her cutting herself. She is in a leotard 4 days a week and with all the swimming we have been doing, I knew something needed to be done. So we tried this instead and it worked great! I told her it is way better than shaving but it would still make her less self conscious about her hairy legs. I can't believe she is old enough to be doing this....

6 comments:

Aislinn said...

Oh my goodness! When I saw the first picture of just the legs I thought "WOW - Carly has great legs" and now I see who we are talking about here! I can't believe that Ry is old enough either! I'm so totally paranoid about letting K do her legs EVER!!! In my mind she is too young and will always be!! Way to go BRAVE MOM!! I bet RY will feel much better!

Anonymous said...

With as much as she is in a leotard, it makes sense. I have the same concerns with my girls. Savannah has hairy legs too. Thanks for the great suggestion, I'll keep it in mind. YAY!

julie said...

Wow! That is awesome that it worked well, and it does look a little better than shaving. Speaking of hair removal I got brave this morning and waxed my own lip! It hurt like a mother, but it feels so much better! It was good to see you this week

Heidi Sue said...

They grow up so stinking fast. I just can't believe she is old enough to worry about hairy legs.I have noticed that Josh is getting a little hair on his lip. It's fun to see them grow up, but I also love that they are never too old to give me a hug, even in front of their friends.

Unknown said...

She is growing so fast- I am glad you are going through it first so you can be my personal consultant with Savannah.

Tiffany said...

You are such a good mom! I love how you handled this, and celebrated it! I want to be just like you when I grow up :)