Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Surgery" Day Part 1

I tried to attach some pics and for some reason it is not letting me. Anyway, it's 8:44 a.m. and I am sitting it the waiting room trying not to think bad thoughts and praying. We got up nice and early, it was still dark outside, and headed to the hospital. We got her all checked in and then they took her bp, temp, and oxygen levels. All was good and so she got dressed in her hospital jammies and then we headed to another waiting room. While she watched Mary Poppins we talked with the anestheiologoist and one of the docs. They give her a little vercet (antianxiety and amnesia) to calm her down then Mike wheeled her back in the wagon and we said "See ya later" and gave her hugs and kisses. I thought she was going to start crying but she was a trooper and was just fine. I had to keep my own tears from flowing, didn't want to scare her. Now it's a waiting game, hopefully not too long. Then we get to see how she deals with coming otu of the anesethia...

2 comments:

Aislinn said...

I'm sure that as a mother this is just as scary for you as it is for your sweet girl! I cried when 2 of my kids needed stitches, I can't imagine surgery! Thanks for keeping us posted - your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Still praying.

Thanks for keeping us posted.