Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Surgery" Day Part 3

Just minutes after I posted this morning I got paged: Jenna was all done. I met with the Dr., he showed me some pics of her heart and the device they put in, and he told me that everything went perfectly. He said the hole was bigger than they thought so definitely a good thing they found it now. He said she would have to stay flat for 6 hours, yes 6! Luckily she had some good meds and slept for about 2 hours (only 4 to go). She finally woke up and was awesome! She had root beer slushies and chocolate icce cream and watched the Disney Channel. Later in the afternoon they took her for another echo (ultrasound of her heart) to make sure the device was still in the right place and doing its job, which it was. Then the Dr. came to check on her and then we finally got to come home. She was a trooper all day. No crying, no throwing up, minimal moving, and mostly smiling. I am so grateful to the incredible staff at Primary Children's and all our friends and family for their prayers and words of encouragement and concern. Love ya all!


This is what she looked like for a couple hours, isn't she sooooo sweet?!?!


This is her shortly after waking up and enjoying her root beer slushie.


Here she is on the way out! She was so glad to finally go home.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Carly - I can't believe I didn't realize this was happening! I'm so glad things went well and that she's home safely! I hope your family is doing okay. I know it's a lot of stress when you have to go through something like this! My prayers are with you.