Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back in time...

Today was the first day of classes for the fall semester @ SLCC. I felt like I had been trasported back in time (to the fall of 1993) and I did not like the feelings. It was soooooo crowded everywhere on campus: parking, the bookstore, & just walking around. I saw all the first time college students searching for their classes and trying to figure out how college "works". It reminded me of my first day at Idaho State all those years ago, and all my insecurities and fears: will I find the right classroom, will anyone talk to me, will I do well in my classes, will the cafeteria food be ok, etc? I fear new experiences and am very insecure, but today I was feeling ok, just those awful memories of that long ago day. (I survived then and had a good experience at ISU and I am sure all those "lost" students I saw today will too).

No comments: