Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Up, Up, and Away....

Yeah!!!! Today was back to school for the kiddos! I think we were all ready for school to start, for all different reasons. The theme at our school this year is Up, Up, and Away and this is what it looked like when we got there this morning.




This is the third year they have done a flag ceremony outside with all the students and parents to start the year. I think it is a great tradition! Today they had the 2 hot air balloons there and all the kids got a helium filled balloon to release. (to those eco friendly people out there, the balloons were all biodegradable, I didn't know there was such a thing) It was really neat to see 600 different colored balloons floating up, up and away. A beautiful sight!


The kids all ready for the first day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cool way to start off your school year! I love the hair cut by the way- and the really excited face!

Rachel said...

Carly, my sister called me this morning to tell me about the balloons and the 2 hot air balloons, she said you were on the committee that pulled off such an amazing event. When do you have the time? Riley looks like such a protector of her brothers, they will have a fun year looking out for each other.
You really are amazing to keep all the things going in your life!