Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Poor Jenna


When we got home from taking the kids to their first day of school Jenna went into her room and a few minutes later I could hear her crying. I went in to see what was wrong and this is how I found her. I thought she was sad because the kids were back in school, but no she said "I don't want to take the kitty away". I need to back up a little to fill you all in. Remember the little kitty we "adopted," well she kept coming back and more often and now she spends most her time here on our front porch. The kids named her Rocky (because she looks like the rocks in the yard with eyes) and have become quite fond of her and she of them. The problem is Mike is allergic and it seems all of the kids except Rylee are as well. They would come in from playing with her and their eyes would swell up and be red and itchy. This morning the first thing Jenna did was go outside and play with Rocky and when she came in her eyes were so swollen and red I knew we had to do something. So we told the kids we were calling animal control to come get her. So that is why Jenna is so sad. We told her they would find her a good home where the kids weren't allergic so they could play with her. Hopefully they really do, she was a sweet little kitty.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

so sad... your kids have such a soft spot for animals. Let's see which one becomes the Vet, or the owner of a grooming shop with your sister :)

Amy said...

oh, that breaks my heart!