Friday, October 17, 2008

3 Years Ago Today...

my brother Brandon lost his battle with cancer. I miss him so much, I still think about calling him to tell him stuff and have even picked up the phone to do so before remembering he won't answer. I have been more emotional the last couple weeks and lots of little things keep reminding me of him. I have found myself crying for no apparent reason at the oddest times. My kids probably think I'm a little crazy. They miss him too. They miss their cousin, Kaienta, too. And they miss Aunt Ann. I am grateful to have been lucky enough to have B in my life. I am grateful for his cute family and his friends. I am grateful for wonderful loving parents who have taught me the truth. I know someday I will be reunited with my big brother. I look forward to the day I feel his arms around me again. I look forward to our whole family laughing together.
I love and miss you B!


Here B is with his daughter, Kaienta, and my boys. He was a great dad and uncle.


I love this picture of B playing bball with Griffin (my little bro). B was a great bball player and a great big brother.


This pic was on taken on the 4th of July, he was always helping and doing things for the kids.


This is one of the last pics I have of me with B, not sure why we didn't take more. This was in Wyoming at his house just after he was diagnosed. I remember this weekend and remember wondering what lay ahead for B and our family...

3 comments:

5ofus said...

Carly I put a post on mine too but all my pictures are packed so I am so glad you put some. It is hard to believe all these pictures are from when he is sick. He stayed so strong. He truly was amazing & though it took me longer to see that I do know that. It has been a rough week for all of us but I know we will all laugh together again.
I Love you
Leah

Anonymous said...

It felt so weird to go through this day and not be with you all. Lane and Krista were together on Thursday night, and rang in the late hour of midnight together...We miss and love you all. Our families have such a connection and all of that is because of the strength and heart of Brandon. We miss him so much. Lane feels almost daily as if a part of him will be gone forever. The memories of him are both comforting and so hard.

Unknown said...

You know I was thinking about this and forgot to call you- as usual. I loved him too- I only knew him for a short time but I could tell he was great- especially because he is related to you:)