Saturday, October 11, 2008

A New Season Begins...

Rylee had her first gymnastics meet of the season today and she did great! They moved her up to level 6 after the spring and she has been working very hard to learn her new routines. Luckily they are only a little different; a few advanced skills. She seemed to score a little low on most events which concerned me. Her new coach (who is awesome! and works them so hard and is very encouraging and supportive) talked to the judges and found out exactly what she got deductions for so now they can work on those things and Ry can continue to improve. Even with disappointing scores she was the best gymnast there! I am not just saying that because I am her mom, 2 other individuals at the meet (who we don't know) mad similar comments to me about Ry. She placed 2nd for vault & bars and 1st for beam & floor. She also got the gold medal for all around score! The picture is of her on the poduim getting her medal.

WAY TO GO RY!!!

3 comments:

Aislinn said...

Way to go RY! Working hard really pays off! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You inspire me Ry.

Mary said...

Congratulations, Rylee! I'm still having trouble believing that Rylee's not a little girl anymore (or that Noah & Cole aren't toddlers, either, for that matter).

So, I've been catching up on your blog- are you in nursing school? That's great!