Sunday, November 21, 2010

Volleyball


I started playing volleyball when I turned 12 and became a YW. I remember being a brand new Beehive and feeling very shy and intimidated but the older girls were all very nice and inclusive. I learned to play volleyball with them and fell in love with it! I started going to volleyball camps, played throughout Jr. High and High School, and even played on a Jr. Olympic team during my senior year. I have played on some rec teams and even coached a bit. The last couple years I have played on and off with a group of ladies and some guys at a near by church. There are times when my schedule has been so crazy and I feel like I am drowning, but I have to go to volleyball. It is my stress relief and my sanity. This last week we played in the region tournament. We won our game on Wednesday night and played 3 games on Thursday (2 for 3 that night). Then we played on Saturday morning and lost, but it was close and we played great! It was so much fun!!! I love playing especially with these girls. I have been sore since Thursday night though, but a good feeling sore, definitely worth it!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You're so good to pick it up again. I feel so old and slow on the court that it just depresses me to go with the ward here...

Unknown said...

You're amazing, Carly! But that's great! You need some time for yourself and you need a diversion from all your work and responsibilities. Mike has skateboarding and you have volleyball! Good call! you keep it up! You need it for you and to show the kids that you have other things of interest in your life too!
I'm just catching up on your blog as you can tell. I'm learning how to really utilize my Mac (after only 40 years!) I'm taking classes and am loving it. I think my next class I'm going to have to address making a blog. Then you can follow mine too!