Sunday, February 03, 2008

11 Years Old

Yesterday was Rylee's 11th Birthday!
I cannot believe my baby girl is already 11 and so not a little girl anymore. Ry is an incredible young lady (cannot say young woman yet)! She is so full of life: always smiling and laughing and finding the fun in whatever she is doing. She helps me out a lot, playing with her siblings and being an example to them. Everything has always come easy to her: reading, school, friends, piano, gymnastics, etc. (some things not as easy as she would like). She is a social butterfly, hmmmmm, I wonder where she gets that!?! She is kind to everyone around her and has always had a soft spot for those less fortunate than she, whether they are sad or special needs or whatever, she seems to sense that she can help them and cheer them up a little. Ry we love you and cannot imagine our home without you. It would be so dull and boring!
To celebrate her special day could not be boring either and it ended up being a 2 day celebration! On Friday I took treats to her class and they sang and played a game. She even wanted me to bring Moe so everyone could see him. That afternoon her, Jenna, Grandma Carol, & I went shopping. She picked out a new dress, that is soooo her (I'll have to post a picture of her in it another time). She got a new bra and some hannah montana socks as well as some hannah montana earings and a hair piece (a pony tail thing with purple streaks). That night we went to dinner at Olive Garden as a family (we actually had a gift card from our friend, Granny Joan, so we kind of killed two birds with one stone). The food was yummy, of course, and they sang their special birthday song. On Saturday, the actual birthday, we had german pancakes for breakfast, her favorite, and she opened presents from us. She got 2 Hannah Montana DVD's and the new remix CD as well as some new clothes. I think the best part of the day for her was going with her cousins to see the new 3-D Hannah Montana Movie. I took her and Jenna and 3 of her cousins and we had a blast!!! It was like being at the concert but even better, it was like you were on stage with her. They also had a little party going on in one of the theaters with kareoke and dancing and free posters,etc. The girls had so much fun (I did too). We got glitter in our hair and glitter stars painted on our cheeks (yes I got them too). Definitely a girly day! That evening we headed up to my parents to celebrate not only her birthday but 5 others as well. My bday was a week or so ago and a friends little girl had hers a couple weeks a go, my dad's bday was on Friday, and my neice in Spain shares the same bday with Ry. We also celebrated my brother Brandon's bday, he would be 35 on the 23rd of this month. My mom will be out of town that day so we celebrated now. Mom made a delicious!!!! Mexican feast! Then we sang to everyone and had vanilla cake, chocolate cake, and cheesecake for dessert. Rylee and Eliza kept their tradition alive of coreographing and performing a dance for the family. They even let Jenna and Sofie join in for some of the dancing. It was fun to hang out with my family and relax and laugh! WOW! What a birthday, I am tired just thinking back and writing about it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYLEE!!!!!!


Ry performing for the fam!

Eliza, Ry, Shannon, & Jenna dancing after the movie.

Ry, Eliza, Jenna, & Shannon anxiously waiting for the Hannah Montana Movie to start!

Ry being sung to at Olive Garden (notice Hurley singing, ;-))

Ry with Moe at school.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe she is 11! I remember the young little girl that came into activity days! She is so cute and definitely someone you can be proud of:)

Sara B said...

Glad to hear you all had a fun birthday celebration! Wish we could have bben there with you all. I remember when she was born and it can't really have been 11 years ago could it???? we love you Ry!