Tuesday, February 26, 2008

311

Lastnight I went to see 311 play live at the Depot and loved it! I have never seen them live and they were a lot of fun. Some have asked me what kind of music they play and the best description I can think of is funky rock. When I got there I was feeling a little out of place, old and frumpy. I kept wondering what all the "young" kids there were thinking of this 30 something mom: Why is she here? She looks out of place? Etc? Anyway, by the time the music started I decided to forget all them and enjoy the music and the mood. I sang, and danced (ok, it was probably more like moving), and even did a little head banging.

3 comments:

Sara B said...

Go Carly! You are the coolest, hippest 30 something mom I know. Rock on!

Melanie Posell said...

I think as long as you and Mike weren't swaying and making out in front of them then you are golden. =)That's the only thing that weirds me out (at any age)! Why is it that that is a concert thing? I bet you had a great time. Chad and I are going to the Police in July and can't wait. We love a good concert. He would have loved 311 (me not so much).

Rachel said...

You so ROCK! It makes me think of the Five for Fighting Night (Which was still one of my best all time birthday presents EVER!) Your such a music junkie and a cool mom. I love that your willing to rock with the young ones, keep rocking sister!