Saturday, February 23, 2008

Happy Birthday B!!!

Today, February 23, 2008, would be my brother Brandon's 35th birthday.
I miss him a lot and think of him often, but memories of him have been on my mind even more the last few days. When I think of B I think of Break Dancing. When he was in Jr. High he and his friends use to love break dancing. They would all come over to our house and be outside in front breaking for hours. They had some sweet moves, especially B. They also liked watching the movies like Breakin' and we all enjoyed watching with them. I remember thinking I was sooooo lucky to have the coolest big brother around. When I think of B I also think of Basketball. He loved basketball and played throughout jr high and high school as well as for a jr college. He loved Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. When the Bulls and the Jazz were in the playoffs in '98 (i think) we (my whole family) were going to be spending the week together at a beach house in North Carolina. Mike & I were the first to arrive so we decorated the whole beach house with "Go Jazz" signs (we aren't even really Jazz fans). It was fun to see B's face when he got there and even funner to watch the games all together, 1/2 cheering on the Bulls the other 1/2 cheering on the Jazz. When I think of B I also think of Bob Marley. B loved Bob Marley and reggae. He could move too, which for a Delozier is pretty amazing!
We love and miss you B! Happy Birthday!
Mike & I with Brandon & Ann at his Law School Graduation,
a few months before we found out he was sick.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You should have reminded me on the phone! I am so glad I had a chance to meet B and do a couple of things with him. He was a genuinely nice guy! But he would have to be if he is related to you- you are one of the nicest people I know! I love you.

Anonymous said...

He was an amazing person. I am so thankful that I had a chance to have him in my life too. And especially because we now have all of you as well. You and all of your family are so special to all of us. Thank you for continuing to let us be a part of your life. Happy Birthday Brandon. This world just isn't the same without you.

Rachel said...

Carly, I have been thinking about Brandon this week, perhaps it was a vibe. I was also thinking about the times when I saw him at your home. And thinking about his passing, the peaceful moments you had together as a family in California.

I've wondered about my own dad and wondered if when you know someone you love is going to die do you love them more? do you hold them tighter? do you hang onto every conversation and every goodbye in case its the last one? I feel like I'm loosing my dad one day at a time and I'm not finding the peace with it that your family seemed to find. But perhaps its in letting them go that we can finding rest, knowing that they are a peace.

Thank you for letting us share Brandon's life.

Sara B said...

Thanks for the memories Carly- love you!

Heidi Sue said...

B sounds like a great guy. I hope that you are doing ok. if you need to talk or hang out give me a call.