Thursday, February 14, 2008

MOVIES!!!

I love movies! I enjoy watching all types of movies, same as I enjoy reading all types of books and listening to all kinds of music. We belong to Netlfix so we get movies all the time and it's nice to just snuggle under a blanket and "escape" for a couple hours at home. I think it's an escape for me because I can just forget anything else going on in my life and laugh and cry and scream while watching a good story. As much as I enjoy relaxing at home to watch, I think I enjoy going to the theater even more. The whole experience is so much fun: the big screen, the THX sound system, the popcorn, etc. It seems we go in spurts on our theater attendance and lately I have been on a spurt. In the last month I have seen 5 movies, all of which I enjoyed. First I saw Mad Money. This was probably my least favorite of the ones I have seen. It was funny, but nothing special. Then I saw P.S. I Love You with my friends for my bday. It was a great movie! I laughed, I cried, I cried because I was laughing so hard, I enjoyed the music, a great movie overall. Then Mike & I went with some of his family to see Juno. I wasn't really sure what to expect since I have heard so many differing opinions, but I really liked it. It was funny! You never knew what was going to come out of Juno's mouth next. Someone said something to me about her taking her teenage pregnancy too lightly and joking about it too much. I think that was the only way she knew to deal with her huge problem and I think she was very courageous and I couldn't help liking her. The music from this movie was great too! Kind of quirky, like Juno herself. On Monday Jenna and I went to see Enchanted with some friends and I loved this movie too. Cute story, another good soundtrack, and it was funny too. It also has Patrick Dempsey in it so how can you not enjoy that? Then on Tuesday night I went to the preview of Definitely Maybe and again enjoyed another good movie. It stars Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) and Ryan Reynolds along with a cast of women (don't know any of their names, but thought they all were perfectly casted). It was a cute story with funny and sad moments. (A warning to parents: the beginning of the movie talks about the school teaching their kids sex ed and if you haven't talked to your kids you will definitely have to after the movie). There are a few more movies to be released in the near future that I am looking forward to checking out. I would love to hear any recommendations if you have seen any good movies lately, whether at home on DVD or at the theater.

No comments: