Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Tag, I have been it for awhile...

So my friend Katie tagged me a few weeks, actually more like a month or two ago and I have been slow about it, but better late than never, right!?!? Now I tag Sara, Christy and anyone else who would like to do this.

So, Here it is: My 8 Things

8 things I’m passionate about:
1. My husband and my marriage.
2. My kids.
3. My family (parents, siblings, in laws)
4. Music
5. My friends
6. Baking
7. Reading
8. Being a good friend

8 things I say often:
1. Just a minute
2. Sit down!
3. Do you need to go potty?
4. No
5. I love you
6. Turn it down!
7. Turn it up!
8. Thank you

8 books I’ve read recently (or hope to read soon)
1. Human Anatomy
2. Foundations of Nutrition
3. Chemistry
4. Dora the Explorer, What I want to Be
5. The Twilight Series (finally got to read them over Christmas break)
6. Nineteen Minutes
7. Human Physiology
8. The Tao of Pooh (new book club selection that I need to start)

8 things I want to do before I die:
1. Become a Nurse
2. Get out of debt
3. Be in the temple with Mike and all the kids and their spouses.
4. Become healthier and maintain a good level of health.
5. Be at peace with myself (at all levels: spiritually, physically, emotionally etc.)
6. Travel the USA with Mike.
7. Retire comfortably, so we can do number 6
8. Go on a cruise.

8 songs I can listen to over and over again, and probably have (this was the hardest for me to only pick 8, I love all genres of music and listen to all different songs and artists on a daily basis)

1. The Dance, Garth Brooks
2 Nothing Else Matters, metallica
3. When you say nothing at all by Alison Krauss
4. America by Neil Diamond
5. Long time Gone by The Dixie Chicks
6. Float On by Modest Mouse
7.Strong Enough by Sheryl Crow
8. Fiesta by WEEN

8 things that attract me to my friends: (sorry Katie I didn’t really change any of these because they are the same for me and you said it so perfectly.)
1. They make me laugh
2. I can be myself around them
3. Similar interests
4. They are smart and teach me about things I didn't know
5. They like to have "girl time"
6. They’re there when needed
7. They have the same beliefs and morals as me
8. They tell me the truth

8 things I learned in the last year:
1. That going back to college is HARD!
2. That I love learning!
3. That my kids are awesome and I should give them more credit.
4. That marriage is hard (that part I already knew), but there is help out there and it’s worth the hard work!
5. That I am too stressed out and need to lighten up.
6. That I cannot control everyone and everything around me and that’s ok.
7. That my body is changing, not in a good way, and that I cannot continue to eat like I have, dang it.
8. That I still have a lot to learn about life and a lot of growing to do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I sure won't be reading some of those books HA HA. Good job.

Rachel said...

Ah Carly, you are too hard on yourself. Your a great mom, friend, wife, sister, aunt, neighbor, girl scout leader, PTA lady, student, soon to be nurse. In fact you are AWESOME and I loved this post! Keep smiling and doing what you do, and then look back at all the amazing things you do each day and give yourself a high five! We all have learned so much from being in your circle of life.

Anonymous said...

Carly,
I think you are a wonderful gal. I also think that you are too hard on yourself. Keep doing what your doing because you are doing something right. You are a great mom, Wife and friend.