Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day around here is not such a big deal. I always try to do something fun for the kids, but we don't go out of our way to make it a big celebration. Mike hates shopping and only buys gifts for me and only for Christmas and my bday. A couple weeks ago he started telling me he found the perfect gift for me for Valentine's and wouldn't stop talking about it. He said it was one of the best gifts he had ever bought for me, right up there with the piano. Then he would drop weird little hints about it. I had no idea what it was. Well here it is:





Boxing Gloves? What?


He said they are for me to use on him when I am upset with him, which really isn't too often. Those that know us know that we rarely argue, let alone fight. Maybe he thinks I don't take out enough aggression and anger and this will help, I am not really sure? I am just grateful he was thinking about me and did something nice for me. I love my strange hubby! I don't know if I will ever fully understand him, but man do I love him!
I was able to go help with Cole's class party today. I have not been at the kid's school as much as I would like because of my own school. I love to take the chance when I can and today happened to be one of those rare oppurtunities. I was in charge of the snack for the class so we made heart shaped waffles. My mom gave me the waffle maker for a bridal shower (over 12 years ago) and it's so much fun! We died the batter pink and topped them with strawberries, strawberry syrup, and whip cream! They were so cute and yummy!




For dinner we are having heart shaped pizza from our favorite, Papa Murphys.

I hope you all have a fun Valentine's Day and are able to spend it with those you love!

No comments: