Monday, May 26, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNA!!!

Friday was Jenna's 5th Birthday! She has been very upset because we were heading out of town for her big day. We kept telling her that she was lucky to go on vacation for her bday and that all her cousins and grandparents would be there; didn't help. She would start crying at random times over the last couple weeks and when I would ask her why she would say something about having to leave on her bday. I told her we would have a big party later after we were back in town; didn't help much either. Well, we decided last minute to leave Thursday night so we let her open all her presents and then when we told her she had to leave most of them here while we left....I was waiting for another whiny episode, but she was awesome! I think she was finally excited to go on a trip. We spent her actual bday in Zion's National Park, an incredible place to spend your bday if you ask me. Then we took her to one of her favorite places to eat, Wingers. Then on Saturday we got a bday cake from Costco for the whole family to enjoy. I'd say she was pretty lucky and overall had a great birthday!

We made cupcakes and decorated them with m&m flowers for her preschool class on Thursday.
Here she is all decked out in her bday presents. She had been asking for a Hannah Montana wig, so I got her that, a cute Hannah Montana dress up and the fun Hannah Montana guitar (it plays 3 songs and has a mic you can sing along with). Mike says I shouldn't encourage her Hannah Montana "worship" so much, but, well, I couldn't resist when I saw the outfit and guitar and Jenna LOVES!!!!!! them.

3 comments:

julie said...

Happy Birthday Jenna! I can't believe she is five, I remember Katie changing her diapers before I even really new who you guys were. I am so glad that you are all part of my life now. I truly value our friendship!

Unknown said...

That wig is hilarious. I can't BELIEVE she is five. Where does the time go.

Rachel said...

She is such a ROCKER chick. Oh this is just the beginning of many music moments, and tell Mike that he is partly to blame for his kids interest in music :)